Sunday, June 12, 2011

DeeDee Gets Her Wish - Adopted!

DeeDee now called Daizy (formerly Dora) went to live with her new family today. She met her new dog sister, Cinnamon. They had a good time running around her new back yard getting to know each other. We went into the house and DeeDee managed to find the dog toy baskets. She enjoyed walking around sniffing and taking in her new surroundings.

DeeDee took to her new mom and dad right away. I guess she knew she was home. I could not be happier. She's a sweet, loving dog. I am so thrilled that she now has her own forever family. She deserves one. I know they will love and cherish her. What more could a foster mom ask for?

I took my camera with full intention of taking a family photo. But, I got caught up in the moment and forget to get one. That seems to keep happening to me.

I only fostered DeeDee a short time, but just as with my other fosters, she left her tattoo on my heart. Doesn't seem to matter how long I have a foster. I seem to love them all just the same.

I will miss this little sunshine girl. Always a ray of sunshine. Always happy.

I look forward to seeing her again with her new family. I hope they'll bring her to some Meet & Greets after she settles into her new life. I think she'd be a wonderful Greyhound Ambassador.

Best of luck and happy dreams little DeeDee!

0 comments: